View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Arrow [Kindle Touch] Wiki page to consolidate hack information

Hi all,

you probably have all been bitten by this: there is a tremendous amount of information in the forums, but unfortunately it is scattered around multiple threads and possibly many pages of the individual threads.

Even if, in the corner of your mind, you know that you have seen a piece of information about a specific topic somewhere, it gets pretty hard to find it again. It's also pretty hard to see how all of these little pieces play together.

So, after a bit of discussion (starting at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=20 ), I have started to set up a Wiki page at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking

The purpose of this page is to be something like a "compendium" about hacking/tweaking/developing for the Kindle Touch. It could also serve as a "first stop" for people who are new to the topic and wish to get an overview of the matter.

It is not meant to replace the forums, but rather as an addition. Maybe along the lines of "forum is for discussion and work-in-progress etc."; once there has been a somewhat final result, a conclusion, a released package etc., just quickly put some information about it in the Wiki. You'll see that many of the existing entries link back to the relevant forum threads/posts for further information.

While I have populated the page with some initial content to get this thing going, I'm absolutely not seeing myself as the only maintainer of it. On the contrary -- while I try to follow much of the relevant discussion, I can't know everything, and my time is also limited.

So: if you have some valuable information to put in there: go ahead!!! YOU can help in making that thing useful! :-)

Questions or comments appreciated.

-- ixtab
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote