View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Unhappy My Issues with Onyx M91s

After a painfully long distribution process (I do not want to talk about it - just be aware of TNT, I've never seen such incompetence in my life) I'm finally holding the M91s in my hands. After reading with it for one day, I'm not sure if I keep it though.

I updated the FW to the last version, but I still experience sudden pageturns, for example when I drink from a bottle of beer, the page flips, thats annoying. The placement of the buttons is annoying too, you cant hold the reader relaxed in your left or your right hand, since you have to watch to not touch any buttons on either side. I could not find any option to reassign any functions to the buttons - I think access to the dictionary is to complicated right now, it should be usable with only one click.

I definitely like the screen, it has much more contrast than the vizplex of the 902. I love the hide margins function too - exactly what I was looking for. The normal zooming steps could be a little more precise - the gap between 200% and 300% is way too big.

I'm not sure if the benefits of the M91s outweight it's flaws. I would like to keep it, but today I could not read with it without getting angry, and that's not a good sign, is it?

What do you think about the reader?
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote