View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #98
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelheid View Post
Could anyone point me to an instruction to get this to work on a Mac? I have downloaded the tar file, the necessary perl modules for mobi2html (which is the program I would like to use), but on the cpan site I am told that I need to make sure that the line endings are suited for the Mac (in all files, which seems a lot of work), that I need to compile some modules, but some perhaps not.

I am a bit confused about what I have to do exactly. Any help would be much appreciated.
Which modules did you download? Which Perl are you using?

On a Mac I would try to install modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell" which will give you a shell and "help" or "?" works there.

If you google on: installing perl modules using CPAN tutorial

you will get some tutorials and explanations.

Later today when I have some time I will try to list all "install" commands that should be enough on a Unix system running an ordinary Perl.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote