View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Funny thing is, I was not aware of Sigil's existence before joining MR. Way back before the Calibre editor (and before azw3) I used a mobi unpack plugin (can't remember the exact name), painstakingly edited the html in Notepad and then packed it together again. Now that was a bother. It would have been much easier to convert the mobi into epub, edit it in Sigil and convert back (that's what I immediately started to do after the Calibre editor arrived on the scene. I still do it this way when I get the occasional mobi file from Amazon. Azw3 files I edit directly, of course.). I've never used Sigil because when I learned it existed I was already used to editing my books in the editor.
MobiUnpack is still around (but it's been renamed to KindleUnpack and updated extensively). It's been used to create plugins for both calibre and Sigil (at the risk of tooting my own horn ).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote