View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #39
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Wouldn't that take longer than a short press on the Read button?
Not for me, for two reasons.

1) I use CC one handed most of the time, and I can reach the cover with my thumb, but I can't reach the "Read" button.

2) Because hitting the cover works in the book list view, my brain has been trained to hit the cover when I want to open a book. My method for opening a book from the detail screen is:

a) Tap on the cover
b) Curse
c) Tap on the read button while thinking about how old I am getting.

If tapping on the cover worked, I could skip steps B and C and possibly cut down on my medications.

Note I'm not suggested a removal of the "read" button, just for the cover to work the same way as it does on the other screen.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote