Thread: PRS-T2 PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #122
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Sony has been there from the beginning..

And no, until it is announced we wont know anything about the OS.
Yes, I think they were the first to market with eInk unless I'm mistaken. I saw the first one in a Borders bookstore, but didn't actually buy one until I picked up a refurbished PRS-600 from woot. I had previously been using an RCA REB-1100 which was nice, but not as portable as I'd liked. I also tried the Franklin eBookman, a Handspring Treo 90, and a Dell Axim x5. My PRS-600 still works, but I caught a good deal on the PRS-T1 a few months ago and find I'm using it even more than I used the 600.

And yes, I suspect it will be Android as well. Sony has made a pretty big commitment to Android and is using it in many of its devices.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote