View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #78
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Well, to some extent, we all are proagandists in the sense that we tend to argue for the positions we believe in. That being said, he does not overtly push his social and political positions in his fiction so with respect to his fiction, he is not really acting as a propagandist.

--
Bill
He pops up in political discourse often enough to distract me from his art. I too enjoyed Ender's Game and Speaker was okay but he totally lost me with Xenocide. Having grown up in a Libertarian household I may recognize more dogwhistles than some, but whoever it was upthread that said they didn't really want to discuss his politics probably has the proper attitude here.

I didn't mean to start something and then disappear, but frankly I completely forgot that I'd said anything. There was an email in my inbox this morning that reminded me. I'll try to be more conscientious in the future.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote