View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Python Master: I've got UTF-8 handled, so the next version should give you even more possibilities . (There's a few box drawing characters, since the font is basically IBM's venerable VGA font).

With a bit of tinkering, one *might* also be able to use Unscii, since it ships an 8x8 version in Unifont's hex format, which I *think* basically matches the C structures I'm using.

EDIT: Yes, it does, it just needs some massaging to format it as an actual C array, but the actual data is in the same format .

EDITē: Okay, make that "almost" the same format. I'm rendering glyphs mirrored on the vertical axis at the end of my experiment... (Or mirrored on the horizontal axis with a bit of tweaking)... Or I can do a 90° angle with a code tweak... .
Because of course I initially did my manual test on the single glyph 'A', which happens to be symmetrical... .

Maths is hard. >_<".

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-13-2018 at 02:12 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote