View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
An update: it all get curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

I downloaded the newest ADE - 4.5.3. It said it found books so I said to put them in. So it did - not any of mine, but eight of my husband's books from his machine. Now, the two machines are linked so we can send each other things, but really?
You don't want ADE 4.5.3. You don't want it installed. You don't want it activated. You don't want it run on any computer. You don't want it to touch any of your ePub. You don't want to even know it exists. You don;t want the link to it bookmarked. You don't want the link even in your browser history. You don't want any of the web page in your browser cache. You don't want the install file possib;yrecoverable after you delete it. You don't want any bit of it on any of your hard drives. You don't want it as it is an infection and no antivirus will be able to clean that infection.

What you want is ADE 2.0.1. That's the version you need. You need to replace ADE 4.5.3 on any computer it's on with 2.0.1. ADE 4.5.3 can possibly download ePub with DRM that you cannot strip and possibly cannot use anyplace else.

You want ADE 2.0.1. http://www.adobe.com/support/digital...downloads.html

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-26-2017 at 06:22 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote