View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #1613
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by emai7s2 View Post
Can a new Win8.1 notebook be easily updated later to Win10? Somehow I feel (based on all the negative press) that Win8.1 is already outdated as an OS.
Yes it is supposed to be upgradeable to Win10. I wouldn't call it outdated but there are some issues. I have Windows 8 on my desktop and I only use the desktop screen about 95% of the time. It for all intents and purposes behaves fine as a Windows Computer. My wife uses it on a 2-in-1 ASUS portable and uses the App screen most of the time and she has more issues with the two interfaces. The app screen and the desktop screen behave differently. She has some legacy applications that will only run on the desktop screen, one of which uses email. The app version of email won't support that so I had to download a different email application and sometimes they conflict since they don't talk to each other and my wife forgets which one was used. (She has learned to CC herself so that the message gets moved.) Similarly the IE on the app screen sometimes interferes or even hangs with the IE on the desktop if the desktop version is left running. Most of the time she gets along just fine but she is not tech savvy so I occasionally have to fix things. Hers is a touch screen and mine is not.

Compared to every other product in the market place I would not say Win8 is outdated since nothing else in the market can begin to do what it does. However, the main purpose of Win10 will be to integrate the two halves of the OS to make them transparent to the user.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote