View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 10:40 PM   #24
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I agree with this. I don't really care what algorithm is used, but I want to know approximately how many pages (or screens or whatever) the book has so that I can compare it with other books, as well as to gauge my own daily reading average. Percentage is next to useless for me. I am currently reading a 2500+ "page" book. 1% of 2500 pages is far different than 1% of a 150-"page" book. I am not looking for absolute accuracy to some rigidly defined standard--I just want to compare different books' lengths and also have some idea of how much I read each day. Page numbers (even "faux" page numbers) are the easiest, most intuitive way I've found to do this.
You’ll read at a fairly consistent rate with only slight variations due to subject matter and outside distractions. Why not use time spent reading as a measure of how much reading you’ve done. It won’t vary with any reasonable change in font size etc, nor in screen size.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote