View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #70
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd just put a simple "Copyright © Ron Koster, 2016" and leave it at that. The presence or absence of a copyright notice has no impact on the copyright status of a book. Your introduction was protected by copyright as soon as you wrote it.
You don't think I should be more specific?

For what it's worth, that "No part of this document or the related files may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise)..." part of my copyright notice I got from somewhere else. It might have been from here, but I think it came from one of those well-known, oft-cited, "big-name" epublishing sites/blogs out there as a recommended phraseology for that.

Even just reading that again now -- in light of these other revelations (for me) about copyright and ebooks, I can see that that sounds rather silly now, especially if I completely change my perspective on things, and am just going to give my book away virtually willy-nilly, here and there, and effectively adopt a "do whatever you want with it (because you can!)" attitude.

Somehow, though, just putting "Copyright © Ron Koster, 2016" still seems a bit too simple. Even "Copyright © Ron Koster, 2016 -- All Rights Reserved" or something seems too basic (and "All Rights Reserved" seems too all-encompassing now, too boot, since I'm willy-nilly-ly giving it away anyway).

I just don't know -- I'm just not sure. I just have this feeling that there should be "more," that there should just be something more than just that -- even if it's something that effectively limits what I'm declaring copyright on (rather than "All Rights").

Any thoughts (Harry or anyone) on the subject of one's HTML/CSS code being copyrightable?
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote