View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #8
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've never had a Kindle. I'm most familiar with the Nook world. But I'm surprised that I never heard about Kindle's lousy formatting as a knock against it. Every time a new version comes out, it is hailed as the best e-reader available. Such a basic task has been skipped until Amazon fixed it.

I'm thinking of making my next e-reader a Voyage. But if I convert all my ePub to AZW3, I'm wondering if I will have to put in any extra work to make sure my hypothetical Kindle knows to auto-hyphenate and not make my book look like crap.
There is a calibre plugin called "hyphenate this", which adds soft-hyphens to azw3 and epubs. So you can have hyphenation even with the current firmware using this plugin.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote