View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Umm, I don't think that's fair. Google scans and makes the books searchable, but I assume it's not giving away whole books for free. Nor is it selling books and keeping money for itself.

True, doing it without permission is a stretch of fair use and I see it as legally and morally problematic, but it's not fair to call it piracy.

Recall that the newspapers hated google news. But they are now coming around to the idea that google directs traffic to them and brings eyeballs and hence money. The situations are not perfectly analogous, but close.

Last edited by Barty; 10-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote