View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac View Post
Hello,

I was looking at the reviews on Kindle DX and I see a considerable number of users are unhappy of it being too fragile and that their device has totally stopped functioning after an accidental drop or putting a few books on it.

I currently have a PRS-505 (obtained a week ago) but I found it is too small for PDF files (I have hundreds of technical papers and books to read).

Considering that I stay in Asia and I buy from Ebay (no warranty will be available) I wanted to know whether there is a high risk of losing the device very easily?

Thanks,
Mac
If you're that worried, I'd consider waiting for the Plastic Logic reader to come out. By virtue of its flexible screen based in soft plastics, it should be more durable (at least, the screen party should be) and less prone to breaking from droppage.

That said, I'm sure a KDX is no worse than any other $500 screen-bearing electronics you might drop.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote