Thread: ebook piracy
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #79
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircastor View Post
While most teens don't have a Credit card, I think almost any teen with a job is going to have a bank account... That can be easily setup with paypal, which many online retailers will accept. If not that, then most will have a debit card they can use. They have to have some way to get that money back out...

Also, as the book industry continues to mirror the music industry (as much as it can), I think we'll see gift certificates for books pop up much like the iTunes gift cards that can be purchased just about anywhere...
At what age can you open a PayPal account? I seem to recall there being an age limit when I opened my account...

But yeah, the debit card is an almost universal option (at least in the US). At our credit union, you can get a checking account with Visa debit card from the age of 13. Younger kids are limited to savings accounts.

Gift cards/certificates that can be bought in-store would be great. However, I don't see independent ebook stores such as BoB doing that anytime soon. Market penetration just isn't there yet. It should be an easy thing for Barnes and Noble/Fictionwise to implement, though. What would be great is if you can use a regular B&N gift card to purchase books on Fictionwise.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote