View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #65
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
... No single person should ever be crucial to anything, a.k.a. "single point of failure".
Several pioneers helped make this forum the great forum it is... but certainly, geekmaster was one of them and this place would have been much less without his presence and inspiration.
I meant on the computer not just this forum.
Have I mentioned you are pretty great yourself?
And yet I was the single point of failure in forums I dominated during my time away from here. One website owner even sent my a skype text begging me to return because all the top posters followed me to my next forum website I moved to (both being virtual reality tech forums). And since I stopped posting at the second VR forum, it mostly died too. Though like here, it remains popular through "last post" karma games and such (badges and LOLs over there). This is primarily a reading forum about ebooks, and we just have a little corner. Though when I left the volume of content specific to this forum dwindled, and unless I missed something, I have stimulated more activity since my return. Before leaving I tried hard to make my shared content here survive my moving on, and the Master Index wiki helped a lot I think. It will survive my death as well. Someday future generations of kindle archaeologists will study how to jailbreak their antique kindles here, eh?

Anyway, we have this DGA-1 jailbreak (I hope the name does not attract lawyerly DMCA notices), and soon the DGA-2 (if it has any benefits over this one). It is being studied now. I plan to let nerd-haters hate nerds without my attention from now on. I have better things (leaving a legacy that will last) to think about.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-05-2016 at 06:58 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote