View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Unless, of course, you use a Mac. Or Linux. Or just don't trust Sony's software on your PC (remember root-kits?). Or...

Seriously, your 'proper' is utterly unavailable to me. I refuse to install Windows on my Mac just to run Sony's eBook Library software.

Xenophon
I fully appreaciate your situation and has nothing against, however,
Quote:
I hadn't realised how much faster ePub was to open and change text size than LRF either, not having to recalculate the number of pages makes a huge difference, from 10 seconds to open to 1, from 22 seconds to change font size to around 6.
Makes it sound as if epub is a lot faster than lrf.

My point is that lrf is as fast or faster than epub. If you or anyone else refuse to use sony software, it is not Sony reader or LRF fault. They operate just fine. If for some reason it takes so long to open lrf vs. epub it is a user error.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote