View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #58
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Yeah - I'm really hoping we can read this one day in the book club as I'd love to read it for the first time and discuss it with a group. However, even I was a bit shocked at this for a romance selection.

I'm not sure if WorldCat should be the authoritative resource for this kind of classification or not, but it has the following for Lolita:
  • Erotic fiction
  • Love stories
  • Fiction

I haven't read the book at all (just want to), so I'll probably vote for it anyway and I'll probably hold this classification from WorldCat up as a shield if I have to.

But if it doesn't win, I'll be equally happy to discuss it as part of another selection at another time.
And Shards of Honor seems like a stretch for Romance. It is listed as Science Fiction, War Stories on World Cat, and on Ficitiodb, it is listed as Speculative Fiction, Space Opera.

Whatever happened to a simple bodice ripper?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote