View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Lets hope the efforts go into fixing OTHER issues and not the off by one pixel!
If it was me, I would have fixed this. It drives me nuts as it is. Or should I say "quite batty". If I was testing the code, I would be seeing it far to many times to not look at it.

@murg: Are you still testing this? If so, could you try something.

I have been bugged by the fact that replacing an epub with a new version usually means it gets deleted from the device. This has changed with different firmware. After a bit of playing today, it appears that the delete is based on the file size. If the file size of the book is different to the database, the book gets deleted. When I update the database record for the book with the new file size, it doesn't get deleted. Any chance you could try this? It will be a pain, but if it works for someone else, then I can roll it into the calibre driver (well, release the change I've already made). Of course, anyone else who wants to try it, I'll be happy to hear the results.

The table is "content". The column is "___FileSize". The row ContentType = 6 and the Title is the book title. The following would find the row for the book "The Help":
Code:
SELECT * FROM content
where title like '%The Help%'
and ContentType = 6
The "like" is because I am usually to lazy to type the full title in and just use a unique word.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote