View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #78
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by limejello View Post
Kobo Mini: Using your latest update of Calibre. After transfering books to the device and seeing them listed on the device through the software, I eject the kobo mini, but none of the books accessible. The device can not even find the files when performing a search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On the mini I have the latest firmware update 2.0.0.
What happened when you disconnect the device? Did it show a "processing" screen with a percentage counting up?

When this happens it usually means there is a problem with one or more of the books you sent to the device. What happens when you disconnect the Kobo devices, is it scans for any new books and processes them. During the processing it adds details about the books to an internal database. This database is used to display the list of all books on the device. When you search for a book, it searches the database.

If there is a problem with processing any of the books, the rest are not processed. The books that did get processed successfully, will be in the database and hence in the library list. If no new books show up after the processing, it means the first book processed was bad. The only fix for this is to remove the bad books, and try again.

The only problem with doing this is knowing the order. I believe the books are processed in file name order. Removing the first will hopefully fix it. But, you may need to remove them all and add them a few at a time.

If you do find a book that will not processed, I would be interested in seeing it. Send me a PM and I'll send an address to send the book.

Also, are you sure about the firmware version? I thought the Mini was released with firmware 2.1.2. The latest generally available is 2.3.1.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote