View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi MidknytOwl,
Be careful where you tread, else you will find yourself helplessly addicted to the world of eInks devices.

If this makes you feel any better your situation is not so unique. I received my Sony PRS-505 as a Christmas gift and at the time I did not have one single eBook. There are several solutions to remedy your situation, without having to spend a single dime (… and yes I am keeping it legal). First there is the ongoing SONY promo provides it’s users with 50 free classics. Also there are a score of web sites that provide free books, mostly classics (See the listing below).

The good news is that you will find a large selection of Romance books out there. Some statistics came out some short time ago that stated romance books had one of the larger market sectors for eBooks. Finding romance books will not be an problem.

I have the Sony PRS-505. It’s a great device, great battery life, steel casing really helps make the device durable. (I’ve dropped it twice on the concrete floor and it’s still ticking). Price is reasonable, (the price just dropped today by another $40) so it around $240~$260. The device is very small and it fits in my coat pocket it’s very transportable, I carry the reader everywhere I go.

One thing the SONY reader has over the other devices is the open software community. There are some great open source software that really make this device usable there is Calibre and PDFLRF that can pretty much convert any format under the sun to a SONY friendly format. (both can be found on the mobileread web site.

The one thing that is sorely lacking is a dictionary. Celemnte has created one that works on the Sony 500/505. see link below, but it’s not as transparent to use as these other devices but still usable.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22320

TONS OF FREE BOOKS
MobileRead.com (here in all eink formats)
FeedBooks.com
ManyBooks.net
Project Gutenberg (Australia site is the best : http://gutenberg.net.au/index.html)

Books
FictionWise.com
BooksonBoard.com

--------------
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 05-28-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Updated grammer for clarification
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote