View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
Question Formatting issue converting eReader PDB e-books

Calibre is awesome. I'm blown away by how it can convert my old e-books and send them to either my Kindle or my Sony Reader, seamlessly handling the necessary conversions.

I've noticed one small issue with eReader PDBs that I've converted. It pertains to extra space that's used between paragraphs to indicate the passage of time or a change in point of view. Apparently how this is displayed depends on the e-reader device and software. I've noticed that even in the old eReader world, these spaces are indicated with three centered asterisks between paragraphs in older versions of eReader for Windows and Palm OS, while the most recent version of eReader for Windows simply puts more space between the paragraphs without displaying asterisks or any other "horizontal rule," if that's the correct term.

In any case, Calibre seems to ignore whatever element is used in the original PDBs when converting them to EPUB and MOBI. Is there any way to make it recognize and preserve the extra spacing, or insert some kind of horizontal rule? I know I'm being demanding here, but since Calibre is already so elegant there must be a way to do this...
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote