View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I guess now that I'm about 5 days in I should say whether I like it or not :>

On the whole, yes I do like it.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the 5" screen (being used to the K1 6") but it doesn't bother me. I've read 4 or 5 books on it with no problem.

It is very lightweight which is nice. The screen is very good. I thought the buttons, being small and hard to press in comparison to a K1 would bother me more than they do. They aren't that bad. I wish they were a little easier to access/press without using my fingernail - I guess what I mean is I wish they extended a little higher from the surrounding plastic - but I'm getting used to them.

I'll get the battery situation sorted out...it did get fully charged overnight so we'll see how things go with battery life.

Will it replace my K1 for me...probably not. But it likely will be the device that goes with me more places because it fits in my purse more easily. The K1 will probably be my at-home device.

Overall, a nice little device...worth the orginal $249 or $199...maybe not, but a very nice deal at Newegg's closeout price last Sunday.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote