View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 12:02 PM   #19
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
But if you save odt as docx and import to Calibre it automatically creates all the styles as CSS.

I looked at Sigil and decided it was more for text books or custom epub3, that a novel was simpler with Calibre. I looked at both odt and docx importers to Sigil and it seemed like too much manual and error prone work compared to docx to Calibre. The only thing I need to do is edit a few image CSS and fix chapter tags (not the CSS).
I get epub2s and azw3 that look very like the original odt (done on a small page with no headers or footers).
I spent untold hours trying to get that docx save and convert thing working, but could never get the headers to behave, and there were always css things to fix. Maybe just my system and versions of things, I don't know. Just happy now to have a Writer odt file solution that works for me.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote