View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
But sometimes when my tolerance for idiocy or ignorance is running very low I just delete these messages before actually posting them.
Yes, better to have never sent them then to have sent them and regret it. I think I'll reinstate here for my own impatient self a personal rule I used to follow at work: If an email, phone message, phone call, or other communication annoyed or frustrated me enough to want to yell "argh!", I'd leave it for a half hour and do something completely different without thinking about it, then come back and respond calmly. Even to point of making excuse during phone call (gotta consult with specialized tech expert) then calling the person back. That pretty much saved me from reprimands (after the first that caused me to make the rule) for blasting people all the time.

Seems to me you and your crew here are doing great with that, like I said, much better than I ever did. Even if part of the reason is that you have a bit more flexibility in response time and who you respond to, I'm still amazed.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-20-2011 at 06:08 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote