View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #70
greensoul
greensoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi everyone,

I'm having a big issue with my Clara HD. Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post this question, and I'm totally new on this topic.

My story: My friend gifted me a Kobo Clara HD last week. I was trying to learn about the device and found out about the KMS and Koreader application, and tried to install it on my device.

I connected the device to my computer with USB cable, then I copied folder 'kbmenupngs' to the device, unpluged it, saw the pictures on my Clara. Next, I copied the file KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder of the device, then unpluged the device.

Unfortunately, the application (KMS 8) didn't work properly (probably wrong version). When the device finished installing the KMS, the menu appeared with several options, but I could not click and run the 'Start Nickel', nothing happened. Then, about 30s later the device continued and displayed the home screen as normal. I could see all the files /pictures on the home screen.

Then, I did the stupid thing. I decided to delete the files and not using Koreader anymore. I deleted the pictures in the kbmenupngs first, and intended to delete the other files/pictures next. But the other files were automatically gone... Lastly, I reset the device to factory setting, and the problem came up.

After selecting languages, on the next page I must choose to set up either via Wifi, or connecting to computer with USB cable.
- The first option doesn't work anymore... it runs wifi scanning and just closes the window and not showing the next step.
- The second option doesn't work neither, as my computer cannot recognize the device anymore (I tried using different USB ports and different USB cables).

I'm so hopeless now and it seems like I can't use the device anymore... I'm very upset because it's a gift from my best friend... I was so negligent and made lots of stupid mistakes... Can anyone give me an advice to try fix it? I would really really appreciate your help!
greensoul is offline   Reply With Quote