View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
eskin
eskin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
How to navigate long TOC?

Hi!

I'm putting together LRF formatted tune books for traditional Irish music, have had very good results generating the PDF books from my scoring application, then converting using RasterFarian.

Ideally, I'd like to have a table of contents entry per tune, but that can get unwieldy to navigate, some of my books have over 1000 tunes, which would be over 100 TOC pages. I've fallen back to just having one TOC entry for each starting letter, but even with that, its not very useable since there can be 50 or more tunes in each letter.

The problem is that I can't see a way to quickly jump through long sets TOC pages (like is available for jumping 10 pages forward in the book) to get to the TOC page of interest.

An alternative would be to have some sort of hierarchical TOC organization, but as far as I can tell, the device flattens out any sort of hierarchy in the PDF TOC. Am I missing something?

I've searched the docs and this site, haven't found any tricks or shortcuts. Is this possible on the device?

Thank you for any advice or ideas!

Cheers,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA
eskin is offline   Reply With Quote