View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 AM   #5
Kander2616
Kander2616 began at the beginning.

Device: InkBook Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm.brooks View Post
Unfortunately, while I can get you in the neighborhood I cannot provide a perfect solution.

It would be nice to have Google Play Store, however it isn't a big requirement for me, so it isn’t something I am willing to spend a lot of time on. That being said, when I first got the inkBOOK I did a little research on the various threads getting the Play Store working on Nook Glowlight Plus and Amazon Fire tablets.

The result is I can get Play Store to “run”, however when it connects to the cloud I get “Error retrieving information from server RH-01”. My assumption is I have an incompatible version of one of the APKs, but I haven’t spent the time to figure out which one

Standard Disclaimers: The following worked for me, but may not work for you. This is the simplest method I could find, there might be better, easier, and non-root methods, I just didn’t try them. If it doesn’t work you should able to undo the steps to return to normal. It is highly recommended to have ADB installed and working so if you get hung up on the device you can still fix it from your computer.
  1. You need root access, consult other threads on mobileread to find out how
  2. Hunt up 4 apks (apkmirror, xda-developers, etc.) and put them on the inkBOOK. These are the versions I find/used
    • Google Login Service version:4.0.4
    • Google Play Service version:11.0.56 (030-156935310)
    • Google Play Store version:7.6.08.N
    • Google Services Framework Version:4.2.2-940549
  3. Copy the 4 apks to /system/app on the root partition, using whichever file manager you like (I used Solid Explorer)
    • Verify/set owner/group to ‘System’ or ‘Root’
    • File protection is Owner:Read+Write, Group:Read, Other:Read
  4. Reboot
  5. 5. Run Play Store - Enter Google account info

As a side note, after the above steps have been completed you can side-load Play Books version:3.12. Even though the Play Store isn’t fully functional Play Books works fine.
Not work for me
Kander2616 is offline   Reply With Quote