View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I hate Fire OS too so I installed Nova launcher. You can't get to it from pressing the home button, but I make it the first icon on the Amazon homepage in case I hit the stupid home button. If you opened an app from Nova launcher you can just hit the back button to return to it. If Amazon would just let you arrange the icons in alphabetical order it wouldn't be so bad. You can also put all the Amazon crap you don't want to use in folders that makes it easier too.

I also use Power Toggles and put the Nova icon on the notification panel so I can access it quickly when I need to. I also put the wifi icon there so I can turn wifi on easily. If you use the wifi icon Amazon puts on the notification panel it takes you to settings rather than simply turning it on.
I haven't tried to change the launcher on my Fire tablet in a while, but from what I remember, the way you switched launchers was to hold down the Home button. But holding down the Home button now just launches Alexa.

My details might be off. It's been a while. I just remember giving up in the end.

I'm not looking for a new tablet anyway, and if I were the Lenovo Tab2/3/4 Plus are pretty much identical to the new Fire and priced at $200.00. The extra fifty (thirty really, once ads come in to play) would be worth it to me.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 09-19-2017 at 12:13 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote