Thread: Apple event
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hum, maybe you should throw a "get off my lawn" in there as well.

I don't expect to hear anything that's going to make me pull out my wallet either. I'm waiting for 5G before I upgrade by iPhone 8 plus and just upgraded my iPad mini and laptop last Spring. I might upgrade the iPad Pro at some point soon, just because I dropped it last winter and the screen has a crack in the corner.

I assume this is going to be iPhone and Apple TV all the way. Yea, I'm underwhelmed on the Apple TV streaming service, but the Apple TV and TV app have been steadily improving over the past several years. I cut the cord earlier this month and have been using my Apple TV to stream playstation VUE, ESPN and FoxSports. It works pretty well.

I think that really with Apple TV, et al, it's waiting until November when the Apple TV streaming service and the Disney streaming service go live. I think that then we will see a lot of movement. My take on the Apple TV streaming service remains the same, if it's part of the Apple Music/iCloud then fine, but I'm not paying extra for it. There just isn't enough content to interest me.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote