View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #49
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.lyric39 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: elonex 621eb
The Orchard series

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
As far as one that I couldn't finish, I had troube with the books about Aurora Teagarden. I couldn't even finish the first one, I'm sad to say. I am such a big time tea person, I wanted to like it so much. But I couldn't connect with the character!

I've never heard of Sister Agatha! I might have to look into that, it sounds interesting. Also, so does Haunted Bookshop.

Y'know I've been wanting to read Sheila Connoly's Orchard series, but I was never sure what to think! I'll look into it. Also, my library has the first coffeehouse mystery by Cleo Coyle - It's on my to-check-out list! And the Southern Sewing series is on my to-buy list!

As to what a cozy is - my theory is that a cozy mystery is anything that's a mystery but ISN'T a thriller, as well. For example, Agatha Christie mysteries are about murders, and the Hercule Poirot ones have a real detective, BUT they aren't necessarily thrillers? A lot of modern cozies have some kind of theme like a craft or hobby, but I wouldn't consider that in the definition.

I have the orchard series all ready to go, finishing up my Hamish macbeth series first trying to find the 26th book Death of a vallentine does anyone know where I could find it please

lyric39
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote