View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The second is that MS might be planning to develop a device for the MSReader format. This might not seem like a big deal, but one problem with MSReader is device authorization. Every time you hard reset a PDA, it has to be reauthorized so it can read DRMed ebooks, and an account can only have 6 authorized devices. Each time it is reauthorized, that is one more device.
hm, that might explain a problem i had recently... i had to reinstall my system recently and when i bought a lit format book after that i had to go through the reader authorisation process again. it worked and i was able to download the new book... BUT, later, i was playing with calibre and testing the automatic lit conversion, and i discovered that i couldn't open any of the downloaded lits from before the reauthorisation. i also can't download them again from fictionwise, i get an error saying the file doesn't match my authorisation key (or something, i forget exactly). it's not catastrophic since i already exploded those files when i got them, so i have the core html with the text (which is what counts), although it does confirm my deep loathing of drm... i was planning to write to fictionwise about it one of these days... but if i have to reauthorise my reader every time i reinstall my system, and i lose a slot (out of only 6 possible) every time, that is a HUGE flaw in their drm system.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote