Thread: Future of M92
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #75
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
Speaking about the future of the M92: Sony has a prototype 13.3 inch reader, with stylus and all.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/13/s...-paper-tablet/

I guess it's not the best place to post this but I thought it'd be interesting for M92 users
Ha! I was just about to post this, but iampiti was quicker... Looks like I may have been right about the existence of this market segment after all! I am feeling quite clever right now, please let me enjoy it for a minute... Thank you
A couple of interesting points: having read the story in several sources, it's not clear whether the screen, or the whole device will be A4 size. I hope it's the latter.
Even more interesting is the screen tech. I was not aware of the feasibility of a flexible touchscreen, but handwriting on top of that?! I hope it will be a proper wacom-type solution with palm rejection, not the T1-style touchscreen that you're welcome to write on, as long as you don't touch it with your hand. That may be possible (not comfortable) on 6 inches, but pretty much impossible on anything larger.
I am really looking forward to this device - it's the closest I have seen to the NoteSlate concept. We will have to see the price of course, and whether they will sell to consumers. I would hate to have to open a school in Tokyo just to get my hands on one
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote