View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #589
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
It isn't just the size alone that gives you more text I don't think, the fact the resolution is also much higher at 1440 x 1080, allows for more text as well, though if the font is too small to read it doesn't do you much good. I think I saw on the kobo site somewhere that you can fit 30% more text on the page. Will have to see if I can find that reference somewhere and post a link if I find it.

Edit: Cannot find the reference to this on the kobo website so maybe I saw it in one of the many reviews (some of which are very poorly done) so not sure how accurate that 30% number might be.
I think the Aura screen is about 30% larger in area than the Glo/Paperwhite screen:

Aura: 1440x1080 at 265dpi is about 22.15 sq. in.
Glo/PW: 1024x758 at 212dpi is about 17.27 sq. in.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote