View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #74
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
I have a K3, not much memory onboard. It doesn't matter though, because I found that keeping too many books in the device is detrimental to focused reading.

I just don't have the discipline. I couldn't read on the ipad because I would keep getting distracted and go play a game or surf the net.
I found the same thing, any tablet type device like my iPad or Nexus 7, have too many distractions for me to simply read.

As for my eReaders, I don't have exact numbers but my first reader my Sony 505 I believe reached almost 500 books at one time. My Kindle Keyboard around the 350 mark is the uppermost level I remember reaching, my Kindle Touch has around the 50 to 60 mark but my Mum sort of hoards that one since I let her 'test' it out a couple of months back hence the much lower figure.

I keep saying I won't hoard too many books on my device but I know myself better. My new Kobo Glo has around the 70 mark as it downloaded my entire Kobo library upon registration with said account. I have between the 300 to 400 mark total 'in the cloud' at Amazon so I'm grateful that I can pick and choose what and when to download my Amazon Library.

I like that I can create shelves (Glo) or collections (Kindle) to organize my library on my device. I have a Freebie shelf/collection, Romance + sub-genres as there is so many of those in my library, Classics (mainly free as they are open domain), and Fanfiction to name but a few.

I don't find the amount of books on my device stops me reading a book through. Even with physical books I have several 'on the go' at the same time there as well. This is hereditary as my Mum is exactly the same. Only now I have several 'on the go' on my reader and several more 'on the go' with my massive physical book collection as well.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote