View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 01:04 PM   #18
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
.... I tested a freshly initialized Crucial MX500 2TB with, iirc, a Rosewill USB3-SATA adapter with UASP support....
Is this the SSD you have?

And is this or this the kind of SATA to USB adapter you used?

And lastly, which format would you use, APFS?

I would like to get something like that for my MacBook Pro 2014 because it has only a 250GB internal SSD. I don’t want to mess with having that replaced with a larger one. I'm of the thought that if it works don't mess with it! But I would like an external SSD fast enough to process Lightroom galleries and video directly from it. I'm currently using the SanDisk mentioned in earlier posts, but it is only 250GB and too slow. I don't care about portability as this drive would remain with my MacBook Pro all the time. The portable SSD drives at 2TB cost considerably more than the ones like you have.

Basically, I want to extend out the usefulness of my old MacBook Pro for a couple more years or so. Plus you can never have too many backup drives.

Last edited by OtinG; 05-06-2021 at 01:07 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote