View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Can someone on Windows run the get_windows_devices2 app from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=48. It will create a file a file called out.txt. Please upload this file. Be sure to run it with the Kindle connected to the computer. Preferably once with and without an SD card.
See the attached, with and without an SD card. In both cases the "F:" drive was identified as "Kindle" and was the internal memory. In both cases, "I:" was identified as a removable drive but the drive was empty when there was no SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Does the Kindle support ebooks in sub-directories? Meaning will it detect a book in kindle/documents/sifi/person_name/series/ or do all ebooks have to be in kindle/documents?

Are there any auxiliary files created by the device (.t2b, .mbp ...)?
I don't use subdirectories, but my understanding is that you can use them they just don't normally have any effect on the listing. This is actually strange, now I think about it, given that the Kindle is based on MOBI (no subdirectory) software.

The Kindle produces .mbp files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt out_SD.txt (2.8 KB, 316 views)
File Type: txt out_noSD.txt (2.5 KB, 448 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote