View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentium View Post
Still curious to see if it is better .epub format with Iliad or .mob.
Both ePub and MOBI are supported by FBReader, but FBReader's ePub support is not great (no CSS and does not read the TOC). The iLiad comes with a Java-based MobiPocket Reader too, but I always use FBReader for DRM-free MOBI.

For LIT I suggest you convert directly to MOBI, or for FBReader just stay as an OEB ebook. So, for FBReader, explode the LIT to OEB using Calibre or ConvertLIT then make a ZIP and rename it .oebzip. To get a MOBI on a Mac you probably need to use MobiPerl on the DRM-free LIT or OEB.

I use FBReader's internal library, but if you use the contentlister for navigation there is a utility that can handle a DRM-free LIT directly by running it through ConvertLIT on the iLiad and then passing the result to FBReader. I find forming the .oebzip off line easier and consistent with the FBReader's internal library.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote