View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #15
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Build quality is great, as could be expected, but the display is definitely sub-par for late 2012 expectations. I'd hesitate to give the iPad Mini as a gift to anyone (including myself) because of that -- I'd just feel bad about not giving the best that today's technology can offer at iPad Mini's price point. Apple can certainly do better, and I expect that they will, in 2013.

Jakob Nielsen, in today's column, calls any new displays below 200 ppi "lousy", and I agree. iPad Mini only has 163 ppi, while iPads 3, 4 have 264 ppi, and iPhones 4, 5 are at the delightfully crisp 326 ppi. (The Retina MacBook Pros are at "only" 220/227 ppi.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote