View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In case you didn't know they'll have the ability to reformat that partition in store next month (not sure why it couldn't be done by the user with a download) to give access to more of that space for non-B&N content (maybe not a perfect solution, but it's something). Yes the NC supports microSD also, but the Tabs also have a better processor which makes it run much better, at least my Tab runs better/smoother than my Color (I haven't overclocked either device).
But it's not currently next month. I was just in a B&N today and looked at the 16GB tablet vs. the 8GB tablet. The 8GB tablet had 4GB available to user content and something like 1.5-2GB available for B&N content, but IMHO that's not good enough. I see no reason why there has to be a split in storage at all. Let me mix my content and B&N content.

The Tab has a faster dual-core processor compared to the Color, and more RAM (though not the 8GB Tab). If it were as open as the Color it would be a slam dunk. Unfortunately it's not, though the community is diligently working around B&N's attempts at locking it down.

If all you want is a reader that can browse the web and play some Angry Birds, either will work just fine. If you want something that's easily customized to your own preferences, the NC wins hands down.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote