Thread: Calibre problem
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
With all respects - no. For me it looks like, that in stead of carefully listening you gave people the feeling of being blamed for helping. Hopefully I am wrong. There was some experienced users who have gave you additional ideas to take a closer look to your problem and system (telling you to look over the edge of the plate). Don't you think there was some knowledge in our answers that we was willing to share with you?

Sorry, this was exactly the opposite of blaming you. It is as well wrong not making a bug report if you are thinking there is a bug. If you (or any other user) want help for a problem you can't solve for your self or with help of the forum, you should provide Kovid a bug report with all (side) information and checks you made to eliminate anything else causing a problem. That's how it works.
I did carefully listen to the responses I've received in this forum, so fortunately, you are wrong. I was extremely grateful for the helpful comments, but the snarky comments mixed in with the helpful responses can be very annoying. Perhaps you missed those denigrating comments, or maybe you're just used to seeing them in this forum.

I ended up building a very nice system at the beginning of December. I knew it was time to upgrade, since my old computer was four years old. It's now very fast (Samsung 500GB SSD), has lots of memory (Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB), with the latest CPU (Intel i7-8700K), nice motherboard (Aorus Z370 Gaming 7), Le Grand Macho cooler with fan, EVGA 850 G3 power supply, EVGA GeForce GT 730 video card, Rosewill ATA case, and even a new LG GH24NSC0B optical drive. Calibre hasn't crashed since and everything works much faster now (saving files, checking books, etc). I've had no other problems, except the usual Windows 10 Creators update problems (mainly errors in the event logs that Microsoft hasn't fixed yet and probably never will).

Thanks for your comments!
deback is offline   Reply With Quote