View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #21
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
writing on the Max Carta with a BT keyboard... the same way I'm used to do it on my laptop.
No prob, but I presume you will soon be missing the missing piece: you will very probably want to force wake-locks before text editing sessions, and re-allow automated exiting from wakes at the end of your sessions - you allow that the device's processor sleeps instead of forcing it to stay fully alert waiting for your inputs.

Meanwhile, try and see how it works for you. If, as I expect, you will start seeing that responsiveness comes and goes (e.g. you type a long text and the screen only shows the first chars), then this missing piece will be the final you need. I will publish my own very simple software to force global wake locks in a few hours, it's been a while I said I'd publish it. You could also try other ones around from Google Play.

EDIT: I am really, really in need of a brain massage... It's force wake locks, of course, not "disable" them. Correcting all over.

Last edited by mdp; 12-07-2017 at 09:35 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote