View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:08 AM   #14
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Before doing a Restore database, you might want to do a Check library and resolve any anomalies it finds, they're both in the Library maintenance flyout.

Attachment 159007

The restore could take a while on a large library.

Both features (check & restore) are also available via the calibredb command. in version 3 there are restrictions on running calibredb and calibre concurrently, not that I ever wanted to before.

are you running calibre-server?

FWIW when I copied my data to this new box, I left the indexer running while I went out for a couple of hours, when I came back it had finished indexing ~450,000 items, I run some extra iFilters. If you turn indexing off you might lose some of Cortana's features - but IMO its better to turn Cortana off

BR
Not running Calibre server.

I'll give that check thingee a go once my tasks are done. Restore looks intersting. I'll have to research that.

I don't run cortana or anything like that. I love XP - none of that crap on it - while w10 is nothing but crap

It's amazing to me how many little things have changed that have made me have to relearn so many things. Productivity is way, way down and computers are meant to make productivity better - aren't they ?? And...aren't they meant to be better. Doesn't seem that way to me!
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote