View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
How do you make Calibre refresh your whole library?
Before doing a Restore database, you might want to do a Check library and resolve any anomalies it finds, they're both in the Library maintenance flyout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	159007

The restore could take a while on a large library.

Both features (check & restore) are also available via the calibredb command. in version 3 there are restrictions on running calibredb and calibre concurrently, not that I ever wanted to before.

are you running calibre-server?

FWIW when I copied my data to this new box, I left the indexer running while I went out for a couple of hours, when I came back it had finished indexing ~450,000 items, I run some extra iFilters. If you turn indexing off you might lose some of Cortana's features - but IMO its better to turn Cortana off

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote