View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #11
AnotherCat
Me
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
...Superfetch is running on my Win 10, but I have opened and close Calibre numerous times - even uninstalled and reinstalled. Superfetch and Indexing is turned off on my XP machine. I will test my new machine with these settings off.
SuperFetch is defaulted on and I don't think it would be an issue; I never change it from default.

Indexing on big drives slows things down a lot, in my experience, until the drive(s) is fully indexed (takes a while, like a long time ) and then somewhat after. I do not index any drives and that has never caused me any issues.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 09-12-2017 at 08:35 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote