View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
It it's of any use, I'm running calibre 3.7 64-bit on a current computer (Skylake 6700K) on Windows 10 as well, and it has no issues with regard to speed.

You said the 32-bit 3.7 version is a lot faster than the 64-bit 3.7 on the same computer? What about version 1.48 on that computer... is it even faster?

I'm finding this a bit strange, as I've never noticed a difference between calibre 32-bit and 64-bit, except for the fact that calibre 64-bit is capable of converting some huge books which the 32-bit version can't handle due to lack of memory. Also, because it can use a lot more memory, the 64-bit version can convert more books at the same time, if you have the CPU-resources (cores) available.

This is a completely expected difference however, and the most important (maybe even only) reason for running the 64-bit version.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-11-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote