View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedit View Post
I'm a little behind in the scene so I'm lost what a "KUAL" is. I found the thread you mentioned though. Thanks!

However now I've noticed my Kindle is acting funky.
(Speakers don't work, K3MusicManager and the normal Experimental Music Player won't work, Assistant Text-To-Speech is turning itself on randomly, etc)
I would like to do a true factory restore. (Meaning i wipe EVERYTHING off my kindle) This includes all hacks, files, etc. I basically want a clean install on my K3 keyboard.

How can I do this without bricking my device, and will my registration stay in tact? I'm not worried about data as I have it all backed up.

Edit: The speakers weren't working because my kindle had audio recording on for the past 2 months. No wonder I had no space left. *facepalm*
Starting over with a clean install - sounds like a plan.

Sticky thread: Kubrick
Be certain your K3 has a full charge on the battery - it takes 2 to 3 hours to write the clean system image to the K3.

Kubrick does not touch the part of the storage system that has the device and owner specific information on it.

Nor does it touch the user's USB storage area - If you haven't cleared that of unwanted files, do that first (or after charging).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote