View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #383
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Just looked at Dell's European page and they offered a XPS 10 that cost less than the Latitude even with a bundled keyboard. It reminds me a lot of Asus Transformer except it is Win 8 instead of Android.
I had seen Dell XPS 10 in German Media or Saturn Markt, before I bought Asus VivoTab Smart and Dell Latitude 10 - way before I bought the Microsoft Surface Pro.
To me, the Dell XPS 10 felt sluggish. Maybe it was the firmware/Windows update state. But it didn't convince me, when comparing simple tasks such as flipping through the Metro surface or opening some apps, next to Microsoft surface RT or Asus VivoTab Smart.
And, like all the "clip-on keyboards" I've seen, it felt too bulky and "industrial" to me.
If a tablet plus it's "clip-on keyboard" is fatter than my MacBook Air: Where's the advantage then?
That's why I like the covers from Microsoft: Covers, which cleverly "hide" the keyboard inside and only add 1 or 2 mm.

Wouldn't it have been for the '#*#$%&§ update process from Asus, I would have bought the Origami cover that "hides" an extremely flat bluetooth keyboard: https://www.cyberport.de/asus-transl...-009_1702.html
I'm not a fan of bluetooth keyboards, but it seems an acceptable compromise.

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-02-2013 at 02:59 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote