View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
You can use TTS Service Extended to easily switch between SVOX and Ivona on your PE.

There really isn't much to it. TTS Service Extended is used to manage your TTS libraries. When you open TTS Service Extended you will see a section named Engines. Check the TTS engines you want to manage using TTS Service Extended. You can then use TTS Service Extended Default Engine pull down under Default Settings to easily switch between SVOX or Ivona. Once you choose the Default Engine you can Listen to an example to verify the correct TTS engine is selected.

If Ivona HQ or SVOX is currently your default TTS App you will need to clear the Launch by default for the App by using Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications. The next time you launch any App that uses TTS you should receive a Complete action using pop up at which point you would choose TTS Service Extended and check Use by default for this action.

Basically TTS Service Extended will be used to switch between SVOX and Ivona, and any App requiring TTS will go through TTS Service Extended and use use the Default TTS Engine selected inside of it.
Hmm, I can't get TTS Service to even run on my Thrive (the ol' familiar "stopped unexpectedly"), but I don't really care because I don't like it and am soon to be rid of it.

Followed your outline w/the PE off and on two days now, having run down the battery three times trying different combinations, freezing, thawing, uninstalling w/no success. Completely frustrated and on the last batterny recharge have only Ivona installed (I guess Pico is a must, huh?) since it's my favorite anyway. I'm sure it has something to do w/some of my past tinkering which is just now showing up.

Seriously thinking of a complete new installation trying vldmr's new Allmine. Thanks so much for your input. You are always there for us. It's great.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote